Mangiferin can be found in many plant species, among which the mango tree (Mangifera indica) is one of the primary sources.It is a plant natural polyphenol of C-glycosylxanthone structure and possesses various pharmacological activities such as: antioxidant, antimicrobial, anti-atherosclerotic, anti-allergenic, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, immunomodulatory, antidiabetic, anti-sclerotic, anti-microbial, anti-viral, MAO (monoamine oxidases - enzymes that catalyze the oxidation of monoamines) inhibiting, memory improving, and cardio, heptato, and neuroprotective.
Mangiferin is also radioprotective against X-ray, gamma, and UV radiation, which is why it is also used in cosmetics for antioxidant and UV-protecting properties.
1) Mangiferin has effect of hepatinica and choleretic, and is used to therapy hepatitis.
2) Anti-inflammatory, antivirotic, central nervous system inhibit function and immunologic suppression.
3) Mangiferin has curative effect on chronic bronchitis.
4) Mangiferin has the effect of antioxidation and delaying caducity.
5) Mangiferin has cytotoxicity effect on hepatocellular carcinoma ce1l, and may induce apoptosis.