Product Name: Hawthorn Fruit Powder
Latin Name: Crataegus pinnatifida Bunge
Other Name: Hawthorn Fruit Juice Powder
Used Part: Fruit
Specification: Straight Powder
Active Ingredient: Flavones
Appearance: Light Brown Powder
Shelf Life: 2 Years
Hawthorn, botanical name Crataegus oxyacantha, grows as a thorny shrub with white and pink flowers and berries in Europe, Western Asia, North America and Northern Africa. Modern medicinal parts used are the leaves and flowers whereas traditional preparations use the fruit. The main active constituents of Hawthorn are flavonoids including oligomeric procyanidins (OPCs), vitexin, vitexin 4'-O-rhamnoside, quercetin, and hyperoside. These flavonoids act as potent antioxidants.
Hawthorn has a primary role in promoting cardiovascular health. This includes an improvement in coronary artery blood flow and thus oxygen supply to the heart, contractions of the heart muscle, stable angina and stage II congestive heart failure. It has also been made evident that Hawthorn increases blood flow to the periphery by decreasing resistance in peripheral blood vessels, and has mild effects in lowering blood pressure. Hawthorn has also been shown to improve elasticity of arterial walls by maintaining the collagen matrix.
1. Improves blood supply to the heart by dilating the coronary blood vessels;
2.Scavenging free radicals and enhancing the immunity;
3.Help digestion function;
4. Prevents atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries);
5. Lowers blood pressure;
6.It has antioxidant, anti-fatigue,Antibacterial effect;
1. Applied in food field, mainly as a functional food additive, added into a various of food;
2. Applied in health food field, it can be used in health product as a wide range of raw materials;
3. Applied in pharmaceutical field,it is used to treat coronary heart disease, angina cordis; bradycardia and high heart rate arrhythmia;
【Storage】Stored in a clean, cool, dry area; keep away from strong, direct light.
【Packing】Double plastic-bag inside, aluminum foil bag or fiber drum outside.
【Shelf Life】Two years when properly stored.